Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Paris!!!! (said with a French accent)

We've arrived in Paris....and I can finally see what Kim has been ranting about for the past few weeks. Despite the Metro smelling faintly like urine, the rest of Montmarte (where we're staying) is seriously beautiful.

Our flight was short; I slept for the whole two hours, having been awake the entire previous night. And on our arrival, Kim's French was immediately put to the test, as we had to buy two sets of train tickets. Needless to say, she aced it, and didn't even get a funny look from the ticket lady. Her French skills were also handy when putting our photos onto CDs, and she had her first actual conversation in French (cut to me standing there looking all confused), and the shop owners loved her. Damn her.

Alas, Paris is also the city of fine baked goods....all of which I can't eat. So while Kim is gorging herself - well, not really gorging, more like stuffing - I am sticking to the tried and true diet of corn chips, cashews, cheese, and deli meats. Oh, and fries. We loooove fries. So, we're certainly not losing weight, as much as we are possibly gaining weight. But it's Paris weight, so we don't care.

Have to hurry, Kim's computer doesn't have an @ key, so she's waiting for this one - and not very patiently, I might add. Oh, and yes, we had our first fight, due to me being an asshole. Luckily, she's forgiven me (I think, or she's just high in pan au chocolat), and all is right with the world.

More soon,

Lis

No comments: